Seeking to create a mobile, bikeable and walkable commuter-friendly site in Watertown, Massachusetts, WeDriveU is helping to fulfill athenahealth’s vision to create “an open, permeable, and exciting campus for the community.” athenaCommutes shuttles have served more than 300,000 passengers and the program was recently named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters.
- Connect a 29-acre property with limited parking and ongoing expansion
- Link MBTA public transit stops off-campus
- Attract talent from a wide radius
- Offer shuttle service for employee and tenant use from Harvard Square, Back Bay Station, and South Boston
Operated by WeDriveU on a historic property athenahealth purchased from Harvard University1, the athenaCommutes shuttle program enhances convenience and enjoyment for commuters, encompassing:
- Last mile, intercampus and parking shuttles
- On-demand rides home
- Mobile trip planning app
- Digital wayfinding displays with real-time rail, ferry and transit bus schedules, traffic and weather
- Commuter options such as car sharing, bike sharing and storage when shuttle passengers arrive on campus
The program reflects its commitment to public-private partnership success by uniting a range of stakeholders in solving traffic and parking challenges, including shuttle operator WeDriveU, elected officials, community organizations, transit agencies, transportation management associations, local businesses and technology innovators.
Here’s a look at how WeDriveU is helping athenahealth make a dramatic impact with athenaCommutes:
- 330,000 riders since WeDriveU’s program launched in 2015
- 170,000 annual boardings, a 25%+ increase from 2016
- 350-400 fewer drive-alone vehicles
- 40% increase in ridership year-over-year
- Removed 1,551,813 lbs of CO2 in 2016
- Low cost-per rider
The award-winning program helps fulfill the vision for athenahealth’s 10 year master plan.
athenaCommutes accolades include the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters award, the Massachusetts Excellence in Commuter Options (ECO) Award for Sustainable Transportation in 2018 and 2017 and the 2016 ACT “Employee Transportation Champion” award (for athenahealth executive Bridger McGaw). athenahealth’s last mile shuttle program was also featured as a case study at the 2017 MassDOT “Moving Together” conference.
Bring a Program Like this to Your Company
Learn more about WeDriveU’s corporate shuttle capabilities or brainstorm with our team.