- Consistent results – WeDriveU’s track record earns repeat business from this client and its marketing partners
- Brand exposure – Premium experience contributed to favorable reviews for new model
- Operational scalability – Ability to staff professional drivers in remote regions with on-site managers who are familiar with client’s projects nationwide
- High satisfaction – Praise for WeDriveU managers and drivers
“Thank you so much for all of your…hard work…we really appreciate everything you guys did to make happen what needed to happen.” – Kristin Gates, OSK Marketing & Communications, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz USA needed a chauffeur staffing and transportation management partner for its June 2012 media event at Primland Resort, a luxury Virginia golf retreat featured in the Washington Post and Golf Digest. Mercedes-Benz invited 60 automotive journalists to put its new crossover 2013 GLK350 to the test on scenic roads throughout the Virginia countryside.
As a long-time driver staffing partner for Mercedes-Benz and its marketing agencies, WeDriveU has delivered thousands of service hours for Experiential Marketing programs ranging from auto shows and press trial drives to corporate sponsorships and lifestyle media events. With the goal of offering a flawless luxury test drive experience for media, Mercedes-Benz selected WeDriveU’s transportation management team for this event.
- 9 day event: 60 journalists, 6 Mercedes-Benz USA staff, 5 OSK team members
- 10 WeDriveU drivers and 2 transportation managers
- Complex event spanned 3 states: NC arrivals, VA host resort, West VA lunch
- Vehicle staging, refueling, detailing
- Dedicated project manager with industry expertise
- Seamless coordination with resort staff
Upon arrival at the Greensboro, North Carolina airport, journalists were handed keys to experience the new GLK350’s features during their one hour and thirty minute drive to the resort. To augment the journalists’ time behind the wheel, Mercedes-Benz partner OSK Marketing & Communications arranged knowledgeable chauffeurs and shuttle drivers from WeDriveU to transport guests and vehicles throughout their stay.
WeDriveU’s services over the nine-day event reinforced its reputation for flawless execution at automotive experiential marketing events. The team offered great feedback on WeDriveU’s involvement in the program. Kristin Gates, OSK Marketing & Communications, Inc., said: “Thank you so much for all of your…hard work…we really appreciate everything you guys did to make happen what needed to happen.”
- Received 18 GLK350 vehicles off trucks and staged at Primland Resort
- Professional drivers trained on vehicles and knowledgeable about local terrain
- Transported journalists and video/photo crews to activities and dinner events
- Shuttled between the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia and Howard’s Creek Lodge for lunch
- Evening transfers from the remote estate in Meadows of Dan, VA to two airports
- Seamless logistics and communications with Mercedes-Benz and OSK despite lack of cell service in the remote region
- Experienced on-site transportation manager overseeing ground transportation operations 24/7
- Flight manifest management and on-site dispatch
The GLK350 press trial drive generated positive reviews for the new model. Automotive.com’s Joel Arellano said in his review: “2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class continues to bring refinement, comfort to active adults and their busy lifestyles” and commented on their “patient driver.”