- Increase access between campus and public transit stops
- Connect students, faculty and staff to buildings on a large, hilly campus
- Reduce parking demand and traffic flow in neighborhoods
- Link students to classes at a partner university
WeDriveU has operated the college’s shuttle program since 2006 as part of its university shuttles offering.
- Shuttles run seven days a week between the college and a major partner university 11 miles away, enabling students to access classes at both campuses
- Last mile shuttles connect public transit stops (BART stations), hospital facilities and grocery stores
- Weekday evening shuttles provide safe transportation after hours
- Friendly drivers assist passengers with special accessibility needs
- Student and faculty ID cards verification and ticket collection from community passengers
The shuttle program is a popular feature of the college’s thriving, connected campus, meeting its objectives for convenient, reliable and safe transportation for everyone.
WeDriveU’s flexibility as an operator makes it easy for DPS to tailor shuttle schedules and routes to meet changing demands based on the academic calendar, from adding shuttles during peak periods to adjusting service hours during breaks with reduced demand. In particular, WeDriveU shuttles between the college and its partnering university are a big hit, dramatically expanding the available curriculum for students at both schools and creating a unique, virtual, car-free community.