WeDriveU Expands Operations
Read the press release on our plans to accelerate growth.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WeDriveU Expands Operations to Serve Demand for Corporate Mobility Solutions
BURLINGAME, Calif., April 6, 2017 – WeDriveU, Inc., the leader in corporate transportation solutions, today announced it is expanding operations to accelerate growth in key U.S. markets. The strategic investment scales WeDriveU’s infrastructure and client services as employers take advantage of new approaches to improve work commutes.
WeDriveU appointed transportation industry veteran Tim Wayland as Chief Operating Officer. Wayland brings 30 years of executive leadership in operations, finance and solutions experience to this newly created position. WeDriveU promoted Erick VanWagenen as EVP and Chief Strategy Officer to lead sales, business development and strategic partnerships, following 10 years establishing customer and partner relationships. (bios)
“WeDriveU’s mobility solutions help employers increase productivity, attract talent and unlock value to grow their business,” said Dennis Carlson, CEO of WeDriveU. “Tim is a seasoned executive with a track record of scaling companies and is a tremendous addition to our leadership team, along with Erick driving growth in emerging markets. We’ve assembled a winning strategy, operational structure and proven solutions to create the future of mobility.”
The announcement builds on WeDriveU’s recent momentum, including a record 50% year-over-year revenue growth the past three years. Highlights include:
- Customer adoption – New customer wins and significant expansion of current accounts in technology, apparel, automotive, home improvement and real estate;
- 5 million annual passengers – Strong ridership for WeDriveU Commute Alternative Solutions and Meeting & Event Solutions;
- Operational expertise – Added experienced leaders from the airline and motorcoach industries, including former Virgin America senior manager Matthew Streem, Vice President of Operations, and Kyle Carson, Director of Fleet Management, former General Manager at Complete Coach Works;
- Expanded TDM offering – Enthusiastic response from customers and partners for WeDriveU Transportation Demand Management (TDM) services that enrich the planning, implementation and promotion of employer-sponsored shuttle programs;
- New U.S. markets – Traction in key commute alternative markets such as Austin, Boston, Denver and Seattle;
- Fleet Expansion – WeDriveU’s fleet has grown to more than 400 vehicles, ranging from motor coaches to sedans, including electric vehicles;
- Industry recognition – Three WeDriveU clients earned the “National Standard of Excellence” distinction in 2017 from Best Workplaces for Commuters(SM). WeDriveU also serves the Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) 2016 “Employee Transportation Champion” winner and was awarded SmartTransit 2016 Project of the Year with partner LILEE Systems.
COO Tim Wayland recently served as President and Chief Commercial Officer for ABC Companies, a leading bus and motorcoach solutions provider. Wayland previously held senior financial management roles at Greyhound Lines and The SavingsBanc and was a C.P.A. at Arthur Andersen & Co. He also served as a Board Member for the United Motorcoach Association (UMA).
Wayland added, “WeDriveU is revolutionizing how organizations think about employee mobility and is a company I’ve admired for a long time. I’m honored to join the team and expand our ability to bring innovative solutions to customers.”
Learn how easy it is to expand employee commuting options.
WeDriveU is the leader in corporate transportation management with a vision to improve mobility. Founded in 1988, WeDriveU serves the world’s leading brands with Commute Alternative Solutions (Last Mile and Intercampus Shuttles, Residential Bus Service and On-Demand solutions) and Managed Solutions (Meeting & Event Services, Field Data Collection and Outsourced Drivers). www.wedriveu.com @WeDriveU
# # #
WeDriveU is a registered trademark of WeDriveU, Inc. Best Workplaces for Commuters is a service mark of Best Workplaces for Commuters. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Image credit: Tim Wayland photo (c) WeDriveU, Inc.
Media inquiries – click here